wouldn't it be nice?
[html]

Slay words intrigued Leland. From what Iskata had told him, huskies were a rarity in these parts, and it seemed that even from where Slay came from, a wolf that had a dog’s coat, had a shortage of the once domesticated canines. Well then. That makes me part of a dying race. Leland chuckled to himself, knowing that in his home there was no shortage of dogs, but they didn’t seem to be as widespread as wolves were now. He had come across uncountable wolf packs, but had only ever found one other pack of dogs, and that one had been considerably smaller than his own. Perhaps it was that initially dogs found it too difficult to survive without their human counterparts, or that they were inferior hunters to their wild brethren.. Leland didn’t know the answer to the question, and he guessed Slay didn’t either. However, at least Slay’s family knew about huskies, and they seemed to have strange superstitions about them. That particularly tickled Leland’s funny bone.

"Too much work, eh? I suppose that is quite a bit of weight to put on one wolf’s shoulders... but me, now I see my real calling. I need to repopulate these parts with huskies. Don’t know if I am quite up to that challenge." Leland grinned. Of course, as a male, it was an entertaining thought as his biological purpose in life was to spread his seeds as far and wide as possible, but on a higher level he knew that he didn’t want any females except the one he couldn’t have. And he didn’t want any children but hers, which would be spawned by his best friend one day. Shrugging he was ready to change the subjects. Females was a sore one, no matter how much one joked about them. "I doubt that too many females will be taken with me, if they all have the reaction you and that lady who met me did. Too exotic for everyone I suppose. That’s alright. I’m more interested in learning what’s past these lands. ‘Course Iskata, the lady I met earlier, said I’d jus’ hit ocean... so perhaps I’ll just have to turn back and go home. Or settle here."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread