Journey's End [AW]
A slave, was she? Where he came from things of that nature were not very common and he was unsure how he felt about it. He looked at the girl with a soft smile, wondering what kind of things she was used for. He did not want to think about it, honestly. He had lain with a woman before but never against her will. It made his skin crawl to think about it. It really wasn’t any of his business, though and he tried not to dwell on it as he listened to the rest of what the other dog was saying.

What he traded could not be measured in terms of quality, as it was more a service than a good. It took him a moment to find an answer for her but when he did, he was confident in his reply. “I can’t make a claim even half as good as that but I’m told my performances are the best thing many a canine has seen.” He shrugged his shoulders modestly before continuing. “If you would show me your wares, perhaps a song or a story will be payment enough?” If not he could offer some of his more complex acts, if there was something she had that really appealed to him.

Messages In This Thread