under the northern star.
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

The shadow wolf's stern voice scolded Kiara as her knives dropped to the ground. The arctic female's sapphire gaze followed the knives as they fell to the ground and she winced as the knives began to ring when the hit the earth. Kiara shied away, her body reacting and instinctively protecting her injured shoulder. The black luperci towered over her, but the knives were on the ground where they could do no damage. Even so, Kiara was still nervous. Their very presence made her want to scream and turn tail. Thanks to Amy, the young mother had developed a deep rooted fear of knives, although her fear wasn't entirely unreasonable.

Curiosity slowly began to outweigh fear, and the white wolf began to uncoil herself. Her tail slackened and hung loose behind her while her ears slowly moved from her skull to the side. The dark stranger asked for the origin if Kiara's fears and her eyes flicked down to the daggers. "Why shouldn't I be afraid when you tower over me and come at me with knives?" It was a bold move on her part, but somewhere in Kiara's subconscious she was angry. She was angry that Amy had so easily beaten her, not once, but twice. Kiara hated the fact that her single form would soon be taken from her and that the change had been forced on her.

More than anger though, Kiara was afraid. If she couldn't protect herself, how was she supposed to protect her puppies? Ichika no Ho-en was falling, their members diminished every week and the snow wolf was afraid that soon her only protection would be lost. She had no mate and couldn't even fend off a single luperci. Kiara wanted to learn how to fight, but had no one to teach her.

WC: 300

template by revo, modifications by Bria. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread