under the northern star.
[html]

Spring
Just out of reach

The giant black luperci spoke as if she was chiding a puppy. Kiara snorted, her mood quickly falling as fear was replaced with hesitant anger. There was nothing non-threatening about the midnight female. Her face was adorned with a wolf's skull and her strange paws had held knives. Kiara had every right to be afraid of the other, especially because she was so much smaller and injured to boot. The arctic female was sorely tempted to point out the inconstancy of the other's looks and words, however she decided that one injury was more than enough to bear. "I'm sorry for assuming." Kiara's voice was soft and a little reluctant, but there was some sincerity in her words.

Surprise mixed with anxiety flooded the female as the dark female bent down to Kiara's level. The only other luperci who did that was Vesper, and Vesper had once been a non-shifter like Kiara. No, that wasn't entirely correct. Kiara would soon become a luperci herself, a day that the snowy female dreaded. The sudden closeness made the scarred female look down at her paws. "I met a dog." Kiara was reluctant to go into details, especially with a stranger who was anything but non-threatening. Despite her reluctance to speak, the pained note in her voice made everything clear. She had been ruthlessly attacked, the memory still fresh and sore like the scar she wore.

Kiara's chest tightened as the midnight female asked why she didn't just shift. Without thinking, the snowy female spit out, "Because I can't." Although she wasn't lying, that truth would soon be a lie. Amy had infected Kiara so she would be forced to shift eventually.

WC: 279

template by revo, modifications by Bria. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread