The only people for me are the mad ones.
[html]

It’s not like she could blame him for the mistake he made with Krystalle, she had done the same thing with Shawchert. Her first litter – Demetrius, Titania, and Juliet – had been the result of a night of friendship that had gone out of hand. After that, Orin thought she loved the man, and for a time she did, but it was a love that wasn’t to last. She tried to make a life with Shawchert, tried to become his mate, but after putting it off for so long she eventually realized that she did not love him deeply enough and left. How were her children much different than Mars’s and Krystalle’s? Well, one difference was that Mars was still living with Krystalle. She believed everything he said, and it wasn’t his own word that she was worried about. More like it was what Krystalle might do, for she didn’t know the woman. Krystalle wouldn’t harm her own childrens’ brothers and sisters, would she? Or Mars? Or herself? Orin couldn’t think about that. What she had to do was trust in Mars to make it right, and she decided then and there that she would.

For a moment some part of her was saddened when he mentioned his father turning his back on him. Orin had known Rurik and was fond of the man (perhaps that is part of what drew her to Mars in the first place), but there was no way she could deny whatever it was Rurik had or hadn’t done to Mars in the past. At least in some way it benefited this situation, giving the father motivation to stay for his children.

She nodded slowly. “Ok, Mars. I trust you… make it right with Krystalle, and we’ll come live here.” He reached out to her and wrapped his arms around her, and she couldn’t help but melt into the warm embrace. The affection was like a balm, calming all of her ailments then and her tense muscles eased. One hand remained clutching the cup while the other reached up to wrap around his arm, returning a half hug.

“I know what it’s like to make those mistakes,” she said softly as she rubbed her cheek against his bicep. It was a little funny, she really understood his situation but was he forgiving of her own? He despised Shawchert, and he seemed to hold a grudge over the mistakes she had made when he was guilty of the same crime… at least, from what she knew. Orin had no idea that there was yet another facet to Mars’s personality. She was aware of Bart, she was in love with Mars, but she knew nothing of the monster that lurked beneath the surface who had really been the creator of Amon and Paz.

He spoke words directly to her heart as he rested his chin on top of her head. She liked the closeness, the comfort. Her eyes closed for a moment as she thought. ‘ I honestly don't think I can live without you…’ She had heard words like that before, but never had they sounded so sweet. Never had she welcomed them this badly. Her heart skipped a beat, and then she opened her eyes and moved out of his arms.

But her movement wasn’t to get away from him, it was so she could turn towards him, and in a fluid motion she set the water cup down and swung her leg over his so now she faced him, sitting on top of him and straddling his lap. Her arms went around his shoulders and she looked down into his sky-blue eyes, her pudgy belly touching high on his. “Okay, I’ll give you that chance.” She said as she leaned forward and kissed him.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 600+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread