God gave me you for the ups and downs.
[html]

Insomnia
Lights will guide you home. And ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you

Falling from the vast expanse of the heavens, where the face of the beyond reaches from one end of the earth to the other, are an array of fragments, shot through with the spectrum. Shards of the clouds above, vapour that has solidified into a mesh of water, in the depths of which rainbows shimmer into being from the pleading fingers of the sun. Raindrops threaten to dapple the landscape in every land one could consider, blanketing sights and sounds in a comfortable layer of silence, of reflection. Wet lining traces the contours of individual strands of grass that finds itself still able to bob and weave in the wind, though the stalks grow steadily weaker as time dries them of their fervor.

A soft nudge wicks away the weight of collected water upon one such strand of grass, and as though expressing its gratitude for the assistance, it bounces up and down, bowing to the passerby. Loyal to the essence of the word, the passerby takes no interest in the distracting movements of the tall grass, and continues on, sauntering easily through the grass with neither a destination nor a reason to falter in her path. Worn paws proceed to either crush or push aside the strands, who in turn powder her off-black coat in a brighter, more refined reflection. Those same paws recognize a tell-tale slope as the earth beneath them begins to descend, ever so slightly. Otherwise inconspicuous (but for the faint sound of a trickle as a wayward rivulet shifts against the current), the river lays hidden not ten steps before her. The same one the pair had met the first time.

The air was beginning to warm as it was spring. Soon flowers would be blooming and the rain would come in, Soon the prey would be plenty but that wouldn't last very long as over hunting and herds moving on would soon force the packs to ration their prey. Insomnia could already see the pack's newborn pups. Their mouths would water and hunger would stab at their stomachs while the mothers are unable to pacify them. If the shortage is bad enough there may be rash decisions made. Insomnia had never had any need for the politics of a Alpha nor had she been in the pack long enough to catch more than just snippets of conversation and unruly, distrusting looks towards their Alpha. She was content to be a omega, nothing more nothing less. She knew her place and in the middle of the politics was not it. It was not just the Alpha the pack seemed wary of either, she had gotten some dirty and strange looks when she was brought into the pack as well.

The looks made herself very aware of how unwelcome she was. Unwelcome was not a very good thing and could be dangerous if provoked. She tended to do what she needed to and lay watching the pack goings-on. Shadow was always by her side, they didn't need to risk being apart with so much tension in the air. The tension is what Insomnia needed to get rid of, even if for a short while. The wet lands gave way under her paws, seeping between her toes and in some spots over her paw. She than fell on her stomach and giggled to herself a bit. She was starting to become clumsy.

Tears stream down on your face, I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread