[p] the engine's rusting in deep, deep sleep
[html]

Eris is by Poppz!

Eris cocked her head to the side and wrinkled her nose. A living dead woman? Hm, she said, reaching to sip at the bowl with a dainty motion. Her face read thoughtfulness as she did this, and when she set it back down and licked her lips, she spoke. Perhaps she did you a kindness by leaving you with your father, then, the hybrid said, tilting her head to one side. Her own answer formulated slowly in the back of her mind. The dark-furred hybrid did not speak so frequently about her mother and all her coyote family -- she did not belong amongst them, after all, and she'd rid herself of the Lykoi surname for a reason. Eternity was much less recognizable, though perhaps it hadn't been so some years ago.

Kaena Lykoi, the hybrid replied. An old coyote of Inferni, she said. There was no reason to lie -- some, especially those closer to her, knew this origin story well enough. She, too, is a living dead woman, in her own way. She gave me to a liar and told me he was my father, the dark woman said sourly. The truth of it was concealed until I lived in Inferni again, almost three years old already. Perhaps she'd already been three -- she was nearing five now, an ugly truth she did not like to consider -- but the dark-furred hybrid supposed such details mattered little, in the grand scheme.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisPoppz p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread