Career Day
[html]

Anyone else can still join in, I just decided to get it moving for those who have already arrived.

Skoll smiled at the offer, and quickly retrieved one of the fish from the pouch, beginning to devour it quickly before the group meeting was fully under way. Soon, three people had gathered around him in response to his call. He recognized Bleach, the humanish woman he had met a short time before, Tayui his friend (or had they been acquaintances only?) from before the burning, and the little boy Sirius, who he had seen poking around, but never spoken to.

"Basically, I think it's high time people started learning things. Maybe it's just me, but this feels like the other packs I've been to. I spend all my time watching the border, making sure to keep the skills I already have sharp, rather than learning any new ones." He didn't smell anyone else nearby even when the wind shifted, and so he had assumed that no one else was coming, thus he could go ahead and begin explaining.

"I think we should go ahead and establish what everyone can teach, as well as what everyone wants to learn, and then set up teaching sessions or even apprenticeships now. We've been here for a few months now, and maybe the activities of getting the pack situated took precedence for a while, but now it's time to do what we joined up to do." There was no aggression in his voice, but there was an assertive determination there. He wanted to learn, and Shadowed Sun shouldn't parade around as a learning pack unless there was learning going on. Far from criticism, he just wanted to actually experience what they'd all been advertising.

"I'll start," he said after a few moments, letting his words sink in. "I know how to fight. I've dedicated my life to it, learned from the best teacher I could have possibly found, and have over five years of experience. I can teach self-defense on four legs, on two legs, and with certain human weapons." He had a few other skills too, but that was his main one, the one which he expected people to most associate him with. "Alternatively, I know how to carve." With that, he pulled from his pack a small wooden carving which depicted a wolf howling at the moon in intricate detail. His skill with this was well-developed, though not to the same degree as battle, since he had only been practicing this for a year and a half or so.

"While there are only a few skills I can teach, there are several I would like to learn. The first is how to read. I have been trying to learn for several years now, but to no avail. I will need a dedicated teacher who can come up to my post on the border at least a few times a week. If that isn't possible, or in addition to that, I would also like to learn some first aid from Pilot, and..." he looked down at the fish bones he had left behind. "I'd like to know how you prepared that fish, miss Evers. It was good, I haven't eaten fish that way before. Now...what can the rest of you teach, and what do you want to learn?"

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread