It's been too long
She laughed again, the loud light and carefree. And she had been set free with the news, she had something to live for, something to cherish. She could only pray and hope and wish that it wouldn't end in disaster again. But AniWaya was good to her, it was healing and lovely. She had food when she needed it and a nice home to stay in and friends, real friends to care about her and watch over her if she was sick or in trouble. She had never imagined something like this could be possible for her.

"You have to come to their naming ceremony. Three days after they are born. I'll let you know when. And when they're older I'll bring them to play and -" Myrddin's sudden question had her halting in her speech and taking in breath in a small gasp. Shock, confusion and then unabashed horror played out on her face.

"Oh Myrddin, I could never! It's unthinkable, just utterly unthinkable." She shook her head as she denied vehemently to what his own mother had done. She saw how her brother flinched and the pain that crossed his face. Whoever this woman was had hurt him deeply, cut him to the core. She added at a whisper, her sapphire eyes wide and unsure of herself,

"I've lost too many to do that."

Messages In This Thread