what don't I know?
Sina really was a good child for the pair, however not outgoing the boy was. What still amazed the coyote woman was his way of surviving. When they had found him, he was a wriggling blood-soaked scared puppy. But his eyes, bi-colored as they were: shone with life. It wasn't necessary to try for another litter, especially after the miscarriage. They had all they could ever want, plus Omni had to admit: another litter of stillborns would be her last. Ever. Even in the new revival of spring, Omni still mourned for the tiny lives lost. They were her joy for a very long time. She carried them, she took care of them. Felt delight at every move inside of her, ever kick to the sound of her voice. They had not deserved their demise. 

Her eyes almost glazed over in the most disagreeable way, shaking her head to clear herself of the tiny tawny rolls of fluff. All silent. Movement thankfully diverted her attention, bringing the mind of the Cadeaux away from her losses. It was Myrika, a higher ranked coyote within the clan. Her hand moved through the air, returning the gesture. Omni managed to smile, and direct the most of her sunnier feelings towards the woman. Her eyes winced in sympathy seeing the wound along the woman's arm, also feeling guilt for not participating in defending. She watched as the Praetorian led the horse back to the stables, large ears perked with interest. Was there some sort of information the tawny female had to bring? Was anyone hurt from the fights? 

As Myri came back, the friendly greeting was addressed with a cheerful Hey. The fluffy tail of the coywolf swished in the earth behind her, Sinatrai moving slightly in her arms. How was she? She had to think for a moment. Pretty good...But--I lost the pups about a month ago...I'm so glad to have him. Lovingly, her chin was rested atop Sina's head, he boy flicked his good ear embarrassed. Why did his mother have to be so affectionate at all times? In his young mind, the boy with the orange and green eyes remembered his brothers and sister going away. Omni had said they were safe. Why had he never gotten to see them? Meanwhile, Omni smiled at the Praetorian's greeting to her son, This is Sinatrai. He's my big boy! Cinto and I took him in... Sina beamed up at Myrika, a concerned and innocently sympathetic look upon his scarred face. How'd you get that? I got all these...From Momma's eagle's friends. But I think K'ya wanted to get me... The boy's face turned to puzzlement. Reflecting back when Omni had chased the bird out. So, Myrika...How've you been? Has there been many disputes with Inferni? How old is the clan? 

Messages In This Thread