[AW] Spring Cleaning.
[html]
Word Count :: 530 This looked lonely and I wanted to meet your new characterr. Big Grin

A white cat padded through the dead city, pausing occasionally to lap from a puddle of water or spit at one of the large rats staring from the shade of a dumpster. It was a normal enough sight, with other mangy felines dominating some sectors of the city—or being eaten—but this one was immaculate, well-groomed, and confident. When a falcon soared over the street, circling back to check out the potential prey—a bright dot against the dark, cracked asphalt—the tom only sat and licked a paw. His sandy-yellow eyes flicked upwards, challengingly, waiting for the bird of prey to make its move.

His tail kinked when the raptor finally decided to dive. And as the feathered beast swooped in closer, a shadow detached itself from the mud-colored brick wall and leaped for the falcon with outstretched claws. The bird shrieked and slashed, but the luperci grabbed its beak and feet and grinned, letting out a few avian noises of his own. As the bird stilled, staring at him, he laughed and threw it up at the air. It beat its wings furiously, lifting off and away, without as much as a glance back in their direction.

The cat snorted. “That would have been good nosh!”

The wolf offered him a smile, adjusting the colored cloth around his dark hair, which had been upset by the falcon’s talons. “I don’t eat anything I can clearly speak to,” he replied. “Cats, horses, big birds are all off limits. Were you to lure in a duck, maybe I’d be able to twist its pretty neck without it telling me about its fifteen children and gay lover and oh, the duck mafia will take you out.”

Wilson snorted again, but this sound was higher, and he sneezed once in laughter. “So the more you learn, the more you’re gonna starve?”

Levent looked offended. “I could still eat slugs and fish.”

With a teasing purr, the feline brushed against his leg then trotted along the street again. His companion grabbed the satchel with his things in it and followed, heading toward the outskirts of the city. There was more life on the edges of Halifax, it seemed, where the plant life had encroached and prey were beginning to come out more. The greenery was a nice sight, cloaking some of the buildings in leaves or vines, and he could smell flowers on the wind. Smiling, he strolled along and started to hum tunelessly to himself.

Soon enough, another melody clashed with his humming, and he paused and pricked his ears. They were nearing some houses, front yards overgrown with weeds and all other matters of flora, but it looked like at least one had seen some use lately. He started to reach for Wilson to pick him up, but then he caught sight of a woman standing outside one of the homes, pulling sheets off a clothesline. It was the perfect picture of home life from an old human magazine, and stranger even than the humanized markets in Europe and Asia. He chuckled and sauntered over to the house, leaning on a mailbox.

Merhaba,” Levent Kartal greeted with a broad grin.

table and manip by raze; template by kitty

<style>
.Kadencat p {padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px; }
.Kadencat b {color:#9b9db4; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat t {color:#9b9db4; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat w {color:#eae7e7; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat {background-color:#50504a; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#242421; width:480px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/x4DMp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #58604f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; line-height:16px; }
.Kadencat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana;font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #58604f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread