pin the tail on the donkey
[html]

Word Count → 308 :: Out of Character text

Ataxia was surprised by the slave response. "If you're sure..." She raised an eyebrow, which was perhaps not visible to the dog, but the condescension might be heard in her voice. "I'll see how good you are at this game, first. I don't want you getting hurt." Her tail began to wag. If, indeed, the female was as good as she thought she was, it would not be quite Ataxia's fault if she swerved and the slave stumbled into a batch of Thistle. She did, after all, think she could act as a normal, non-blind canine. Claiming to care for the woman's well-being would help the girl's image, too, if the woman ever became suspicious.

"You tag me, then you win. Normally I'd have to chase you, but that wouldn't exactly be fair since you can't see where you are going and I don't think I'll enjoy chasing you if you go too slow." As amusing as it would to be to see the woman run into something while being chased, she suspected the slave's sense of self-preservation would not allow her to run very fast. The game would be over too quickly. "There are no other rules." It was perhaps the absence of rules that Wander should be worried about. Ataxia was perfectly willing to follow them when it suited; she knew Salsola's laws well and did her best not to violate any of them. Yet, without laws or restrictions, she felt free to act as cruel and wanton as she wished.

Without a word of warning, the young hybrid stood up and dashed off behind the building. Her feet led to a structure not far from the first - Miqui's house. Ataxia paused to look behind her and see if the slave was following, but was fully prepared to start running once she was seen again.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread