what we do is secret
[html]

I'm sooooorry ;; Don't hate me? <3 >> Word Count: 2+

Sirius by Nat

Her answer was disappointing, and it showed for but a moment as dismay pained his features before being swept back under that smooth, brooding countenance of distrust. Perhaps he had hoped that this moon-spun stranger would hold the key to the plagues that troubled his people; She seemed biblical enough. But, alas, there was no relief to be had in the meeting of Cassandra Asylum.

At least she was respectful of his grief. Sirius did not understand why a stranger would sympathize with his loss - She had not known Larkspur, had not known how essential the hulking D'Angelo man had been to him. She knew nothing of the worries that plagued him. And yet, it was such a familiar phrase, so commonly used in times of mourning. He understood the intent behind it, at least, and for that she was given a would-be smile, a tentative twitch at the corners of black lips.

However, this meek reprise of his irritated facade was stolen away just by her question just as quickly as it dared show itself. The contemplative scowl returned, dark and heavy. "Would that I knew," His yellow teeth glittered in a half-snarl around the words - This was a frustration that had been festering inside his mind for some time. The only connection he had to these intruders was Inferni - They, too, had been harried with raids. He speculated on the racism of some groups, but the thought still seemed unlikely. Conquer for the sake of conquer was a much more reliable assumption.

Acidic eyes, glowing mineral in the half-light, returned to brood on her delicate silvery features once more. "Are you passing through? My borders offer no protection to outsiders, and never have, but I'll not let my good name be sullied by having a pretty innocent murdered on my footstep. Where are you headed?"

<style>
#siriusal1 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siriusal1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread