[p] born on snake hill
[html]

(--) TO THINK, I was gonna be a good girl and save this post for last to motivate myself, but I gave into the temptation. Thanks Kiri. 8B Also just realized in the last post, I superdashed in a sentence and had like three dashes because abuse abuse abuse, I like to abuse dashes.

Ithiel is by me!

Ithiel had accustomed himself to meeting all sorts of new cousins, though it had been a jarring experience, and not one he enjoyed reflecting on. It had been foolish to think he and Aemon were the only sons of Gabriel de le Poer, and more foolish to fail to consider more ancestral branches of the familial tree. Such thinking was childish, and Ithiel did not like to be reminded of his youth.

Bairre practically trembled beneath him, straining to greet one he no doubt already saw as his best friend, but Ithiel held him easily enough. Eager as he was, the stallion was also obedient, and he remained where Ithiel bid him to stay, though his extended head and pricked ears were evidence enough of his friendliness. When the woman spoke, Ithiel cocked his head and lifted a brow just slightly. As she stepped forward, Bairre did, as well, unbidden, and Ithiel had to rein him in again.

If you know of the wolf attacks, then you should know they attack coyotes. You should go somewhere that will protect you, the dusky coyote said. Inferni would do such a thing, but something about her made Ithiel uneasy. Perhaps it was the flower and how stubbornly it stuck in his mind, a meaningless symbol of nothing known, or perhaps it was the ghost-paleness of her complexion and the queerness of her eyes. They were red, like his, but also unlike his -- strangely pale, and almost clear, as if he was not seeing an eye but the deeply red flesh beneath. This unnerved him more than anything, but he retained control of his face, all the same.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread