[p] born on snake hill
[html]

Both of them would have one helluva time trying to find someone they weren't at least a little bit related to. :|

She had always been aware of her distant family, but more than that, she had always been aware of the barrier that separated her from them, them from her. It had been miles and miles of hills and forests and mountains and rivers; it had been an invisible wall she knew her father had worked hard to construct, and which she had duly inherited. In many ways, she had always felt that Kharma had more personal and emotional ties (severed ties, but ties nonetheless) to Inferni than her mysterious mother, even if he did not have the blood relation -- why else would he be so adamant about keeping away?

And the wall remained in Cassandra's mind, though now the metaphorical distance was compacted into the real, physical distance, and the fog was thick in her head. She still knew too little about Inferni, and the reality was that she had already disappointed her father in so many ways, it undoubtedly made little difference what she did now. The pallid woman had long ago come to terms with the possibility that she might never see him again as anyway, though she had come to similar terms regarding her sister as well, and now Myrika was not so far, so she'd been told.

"My mother's mother was Kaena Lykoi," she said slowly. Truthfully, she'd almost said 'my father's mate's mother,' so much was the distance between Rachias and herself. "I suppose that means I share blood with many in Inferni, but I'm not sure either that I would consider them family." There you go, darling. Be picky with semantics. Justify the disconnect. "I've been told my sister is there, too," she added, then shrugged. "But it's been longer since I've seen her than all the time I'd known her." The truth sounded more sad outloud, and for a moment she pulled her ears back, feeling ever more vunerable with all the not-lies she was revealing.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread