Puppy Protection
[html]
OOC / +490

More than anything, Kiara wanted to run up and shower her friend with licks and gentle nudges. It was their usual greeting and it felt more natural to Kiara than her words. But with another pack's Alpha present she felt that it was necessary to act as an Ichikan, and that meant using the strange greeting. The word was foreign, but it was an Ichikan tradition and separated the Ichikans from the rest of the wolves. Although, Kiara never did find out what the word meant.

The young mother listened carefully as Tharin spoke, her mouth opened quickly to protest but no words came out. He was right, the pack had become weak and she had no one to truly assist her in raising the puppies. Granted, some of that was her fault. Kiara had refused to allow any adult canines into her den, aside from herself of course. Even so, there weren't enough members in Ichika to help her keep the puppies safe and well fed. Although she had somehow managed to keep most of the puppies alive, there were times when the young mother went hungry after she sacrificed her meals to her children.

What came next was unexpected and complete surprise to Kiara. She sat and looked at the two giant males. They were offering her protection, no a chance to move to their pack. Her white ears flicked back and her tail stopped moving. That's... I don't know what to say. Sapphire eyes flicked to the ground as she stared at her own large paws. Kiara couldn't leave Ichika, it was her home. However, Ichika wasn't safe, and her puppies needed the full support of a strong pack. Yet, they were still too young to move. The alabaster mother squeezed her eyes shut and then looked up at Tharin and his Alpha. I really appreciate your offer, and the fact that you have come so far just to help me is... just wonderful. But I can't go to New Dawn... not now. My puppies, they aren't even a moon old. But, if their second moon comes and I wish to take them to your pack... will you accept us? Her pleading eyes looked bravely towards the wolves. Kiara hated to even think about leaving Ichika, but she would walk a thousand miles if it meant her puppies would be safe and happy.

The black male's eyes went directly to her injured leg and his statement made the young mother flinch. Its nothing. Kiara wasn't exactly lying. Compared to her first encounter with Amy, the single scar on her shoulder really was nothing. The problem with her injury wasn't the wound itself, but the virus that Amy had shared. Her eyes drifted towards the alpha, perhaps he knew why she hadn't shifted yet. Kiara went to ask, but the question caught in her throat and she looked away, unable to voice her worry or distress. I'm fine.

Table by: Cait

<style type="text/css">
.kiapup b {font-weight:bold; color:#619dbc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08171f; }
.kiapup p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kiapup {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#39565a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ecMB6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3c1c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kiapup p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kiapup p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread