So high on ill intentions
Kit had approached the campfire expecting some sort of traveler that he could swindle out of some easy food, or maybe something valuable, but had instead found an injured female too young to chase after, and a male slave. Both of whom didn't seem to want his presence, and were a little blunt about it at the same time. If either of them had seemed like they might be a physical threat to himself, Kit would have turned around and left, but since neither looked like they could harm him, he decided it wouldn't hurt to stick around to investigate a little further.

"Not the friendliest pair are you..." Kit responded with a hint of irritation in his voice, before continuing "A female, not even a yearling, and injured. Along with a slave maybe? Regardless, I don't have any food here, but I have some stashed back in Halifax. I'd maybe even share if you two were a little nicer to strangers.". The green-eyed male left out the bit about also expecting some sort of repayment later on, even if he had no idea what to ask for in repayment, but figured something would come up eventually that he could pressure for.

"I might even be convinced to help carry you..." Kit teased lightly, half expecting both of them to snap at him for the offer. Just in case they did accept the offer though, Kit started to close the distance a little bit, remaining fairly neutral in his posture, with little desire for an actual fight to take place. Kit had not really thought of how much effort it would take to get the two of them all the way to Halifax if they accepted, nor the added burden on his cached food if they stayed longer then a few days, but he was never that good at spotting all of the consequences of what he did. Or in the situation he had found himself in, what he offered.

Messages In This Thread