[J] you can't lose something you never had
[html]

(509) We can play a little of their convo, if you'd like, or we can just cap it here and OOCly assume Eris took him to the supper hall place, fed him, and explained to him about being an associate, promotions, etc. -- up to you

Draugr is by me!

The dark Bambino did not know what to think. Part of her wanted to run away, damn the consequences, but she knew this would only incur further troubles from Eris -- if indeed, she was in trouble for having broken some part of Salsola's culture or simply displeased her. The silvery youth's gaze swung over to the masked stranger; his apology warmed her heart and made her feel bad for him. She wished she had spoken to him more before relegating herself to silence, but there was nothing to be done for it now. When he looked toward her, she offered a small smile of encouragement, the slightest nod of her head indicating she thought he was doing well -- for all that was worth, anyway, which might not be very much in the end.

The dark woman was silent when he asked for acceptance, and even Dra found herself holding her breath a moment, unaware she'd done so until a tightness began building in her chest. She exhaled quietly and set lavender eyes on her Auxiliary, who seemed to be considering the man's words earnestly. Her eyes were on the books, on the sheep. Draugr could not read, but she knew what books were and how valuable they were -- the information contained within them could be extremely helpful, some long-forgotten lore of the humans that Luperci had yet to discover. There can never be too many healers, don't you think, Draugr?

When the sable woman turned her attentions back to the Bambino, the silvery girl froze and stared with wide eyes, groping in a suddenly empty mind for an answer. Oh, yes, yes miss Eris, the Bambino yipped. Those we have are very good, but Athanasios may know things they do not -- and vice versa, the youth said, growing more steady in tone as she continued. As a team, everyone will be better, and --

Precisely, the dark hybrid interjected, her gaze on Athanasios, and Draugr fell silent immediately as she began to speak. Your gifts and talents please me, but do take what I've said to heart. You may need to prove your ability to defend our home sooner rather than later. The Auxiliary turned her chartreuse eyes back to Draugr, and smiled a toothy smile. Would you take the sheep to our barn for me, my dearest Draugr? Our new Associate and I must attend our business, the dark woman asked.

Draugr stepped forward to take the sheep's lead from the newcomer, shyly extending one hand and waiting for the rope to be delivered. When she turned back to Eris, however, she hesitated, and peered on the woman with lavender eyes. If it doesn't displease you terribly, miss Eris, I would follow you, she said. The moment the words were out of her mouth, the drab-hued woman averted her eyes, ears folding against her head. The dark woman shrugged, a rather indifferent reaction than what the Bambino had feared, and consented with a simple nod of her head.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread