replenishing my thoughts
The pale woman had been nodding off when the voice startled her. It sounded like... yes. It was! She slipped to her feet, her tail wagging happily. "I had hoped it was you, but I wasn't sure. You've changed so much." She looked at the little ones, seeing things in them that were unmistakably of her bloodline, though much was of their mother as well. She lifted her head, her tail wagging eagerly. "Are these my grandpups? Goodness, Sky, they're so big!" She brushed off the more respectful greeting, and danced forward, nuzzling her daughter eagerly. She glanced around, looking for Tal, but the pale male wasn't to be seen. His scent wasn't in Sky's coat either, though the scent of the D'arte pack was faintly in her fur.

She laid down then, putting herself at their level and studying her two grandchildren. "Hi kids." She offered them a reassuring smile, her tail wagging lightly. The girl was smiling, though the boy looked unsure. She resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him.... for two seconds. Then her tongue came darting out as she made a silly face at the serious looking boy. Her role as pack pupsitter was showing through, alright. Her tail wagged broadly as she laid on the ground, hoping the two would warm up to her quickly.

Messages In This Thread