New Lands, New Faces [J]
[html]

Biff waited for a moment, straining his ears to listen for any sound in return, be it the call of another or the quickening pace of feet toward his position. One or the other would tell him the need to high-tail it away quickly, for the last thing that he wanted was to have come to the wrong pack and agitated a group of cannibals or something of the strange and extreme sort like that. Luckily it was the long howl of another, and as he heard it the coyote guessed that, by its tone, it was not threatening. Though, perhaps, not exactly wolven – perhaps this was a good sign.

All of a sudden Biff became nervous. He had traveled so far and for so long that the idea of even finding a possible 'temporary' home made him somewhat giddy on the inside. What more, if this group of individuals were right enough, the coyote may even find a home for himself here indefinitely, and perhaps he would never have to venture out alone again. What if they rejected him, though? All Biff knew was that his instincts had drove him north, but how much further could he go? If this pack did not want him or were rude to him and unnecessarily brutal then would he continue to travel in that direction?

Oh how he hoped that they would not turn him down.

At last the sound of footsteps could be heard and Biff struggled to keep his nerves. At last his eyes fell on the individual that would meet him and possibly lead him further into the packlands. It was surprising to behold him, at first, and Biff's ears locked forward as he took in the sight. The fellow was a golden color, but still had very wolfish features – a mix, perhaps? Besides that, he was also somewhat imposing. Either it was the way the guy stood, the tone of his voice, or the look in his eyes that caused that sense of protective possessiveness to emanate outward, and already the coyote found himself being slightly submissive in his body language. There was also a good chance that it was just Biff's own nerves getting the best of him, but either way he hunched slightly, making himself even smaller than he already was, and laid his ears back instinctively.

“This is Casa Di Cavalieri?” Biff mumbled, but his voice perked up with a little joy. “Good – good! I have found the right place! Uh...” The coyote glanced quickly at his violin case, and then back to the fellow in the cowboy hat. Momentarily Biff wondered where he might find a hat like that, it would be a nice little item to keep the sun out of one's face while they traveled.

“I uh... my name is Biff. Biff Williams. I came from a very far ways southward and recently came into the area not but a few weeks ago.” The coyote cleaned his throat and stood up a little straighter, trying to show a tad bit of confidence. “I heard of a safe pack, that is to say, you guys, and after some consideration I decided to visit and... well... possibly join?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread