New Lands, New Faces [J]
[html]

Welcome to Casa! We can continue this thread if you want,
but you're free to post elsewhere now. :3

The names of the various settlements didn’t really ring a bell for the cowboy, although he had a vague concept of where the former American states lay. He nodded anyway, thoughtfully, and decided that the world was too large for him to know where absolutely everything was. He didn’t think that the coyote would have heard about Texas. Even Nova Scotia had a lot of landmarks and settlements, and it was small compared to the States.

Wayne waited for Biff to consider the question, although he’d learned that most canines had something to offer if they were used to wandering alone. Hunting, at a bare minimum, was usually necessary to survive outside of the region. It was nice to know where the newcomers lay, however, as far as skills—and what co-ranks to nudge them towards.

The coyote offered hunting and skinning as something he knew how to do, but when he professed his interest in learning more, the cowboy smirked and nodded. “We can teach you jus’ about anythin’,” he chuckled, his voice low. “Maybe once ya learn how t’ read or swordfight, you could give me a few pointers.” He was hopeless at using weaponry, and reading was a tedious process of slowly sounding out words and scowling until his brow had permanent furrows. “As for horses—got no lack of them.” He grinned at last.

“I reckon you could charm us with that violin of yours until you learn more,” the Labrador mongrel said half-jokingly. He tipped his hat then stood aside to let the newcomer cross the border. “But I’d be happy to welcome you into Casa di Cavalieri.”

<style type="text/css">
.hbw1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#c48a71;}
.hbw1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.hbw1cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#c9d2cd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WEz00.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #747f79; padding:225px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#585c5a; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.hbw1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread