New Lands, New Faces [J]
[html]

I'm sorry for the wait; I had final exams to deal with.

The coyote looked at the case that carried the instrument then talked about sheet music, which was something more foreign to Wayne than words. It made sense that you had to read something to learn the language of an instrument, though—or at least learn a phrase more intricately than just fumbling at the keys or strings. The same went for learning things from books too.

“The alpha male, Jazper, might be able to give ya pointers,” the dusty-coated man offered, waiting for the other to phase back into attention. He knew he daydreamed when talking about horses, so he wouldn’t keep the man from a moment of thought. “Dunno if he has this sheet music, but he plays a purty tune.” He smirked at himself.

“Like I said,” he went on as the other professed his desire to read, “got plenty of different skills in Casa, so I’m sure we could ask around.” He started to step backwards and turn, gesturing for the man to cross the border and walk inward. Naturally, the cowboy headed toward the fort that was the secure heart of the territory; the other man would want to know about where he’d stay.

He was somewhat embarrassed at forgetting his name along all the other introductions, but he never had been good at small talk. “Wayne McCoy,” he answered, and adjusted his hat lightly as he walked.

<style type="text/css">
.hbw1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#c48a71;}
.hbw1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.hbw1cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#c9d2cd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WEz00.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #747f79; padding:225px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#585c5a; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.hbw1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread