Show me your ways.. and I'll show you mine
[html]

This isn't what I planned to happen but sometimes the character has a mind of their own xP

When Tharin turned away from the hard, paved road Ignatius hesitated briefly. He was more familiar with pavement than with the wilderness and he would have much rather travelled along the human-made paths than the ones made by wolves. Zalen had told him he would be safe here but the wild had always frightened him. While he had travelled, he had stuck to the old human towns and walked next to their roads. That was probably why he had never seen a place as beautiful as this. However, he was a visitor here and all the wolves of this pack were his superiors. Hadn’t he come all this way to learn as much as he could of the world? If he didn’t learn about and follow their customs, he might as well leave. He followed Tharin away from the path without a word.

He matched his pace to the Tharin’s but kept about a step behind as he walked along beside the wolf. It wasn’t so bad to walk with the grass beneath his paws. It even tickled the space in between his pads a little. Without his clothes on he could feel the wind stir his fur and he lifted his nose to take in the smells it carried. How had he never appreciated this before? He had lived almost his whole life in the remains the humans left behind, choosing to take the form that made him the most like them. But he had missed out on this whole different style of life.

He looked over at Tharin, a wolf so different from himself. He would probably never know what it was like to live as humans had. Even if he did become infected somehow, he would want to live like a wolf. There were things one couldn’t do on two-legs and Ignatius felt his heart skip a beat as the urge to run washed over him. He gave in to the temptation to taste the wind whipping past his head and picked up the pace until he was running as fast as he possibly could. Even then, it would have been easy for any wolf to pass him. He would never be as strong, as fast, or as agile as a wolf. But at least for right now, he could live like a wolf.

<style>
.iggy .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.iggy p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.iggy b {color:#FFCC33; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.iggy {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... yosz-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:60px; margin:0 auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.iggy .inner {margin:500px 10px 30px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread