We're going on a kitty hunt
[html]

Sorry for the wait and the cruddy post. ;__; Finals have been killing me!

With some more deer meat in his satchel and a swagger to his step, Levent made his way through the forest. It was early but late enough for him to sleep in, and with the sun a couple of hours from its zenith, he was glad to put some distance between himself and the north. He had half a mind to head to the city again and see if there was anything he could find there—other than a man and his bird, at least. As thrilled as he was to see others with their animal companions, he wanted information more than anything else.

He drew a flask from the bag bumping against his hip, heading down to a stream and taking a seat on its loamy banks. Leaves from the previous fall swam through the water and swirled in little pools, creating clouds of rotten debris. He abandoned those patches for a place where the water trickled pure over the rocks, holding the flask close and shivering as the spring-cold water ran over his hand. He wiped it on his pants and took a swig, dark ears turning at a quiet sound overhead. Blinking, he turned…

And a white shape dropped down from an overhanging branch. The man yelped and almost fell in the water, grabbing for the creature as paws raked through his brown fur. He pushed the animal to the ground and began to roll it back and forth through the dirt, grinning broadly until its ferocious growls turned into mewls of amusement and defeat.

“If you were a cougar, that might have worked,” Levent remarked, as the white tomcat sat up and shook himself.

Wilson licked his whiskers. “If I were a cougar, I bloody well couldn’t sneak up on you, could I?” He purred in delight and waited happily as his luperci companion refilled the flask and stood, stuffing it back in with his other knickknacks.

Making sure it wouldn’t spill over his precious pair of books, the wolf started to walk again, tail wagging idly—but as good as his mood was, it seemed to be far surpassed by the feline’s. The cat tried to wind through his legs as he walked, and curing softly in Turkish, he stumbled. “Watch where you’re—” he started to scold, but his heel dug into the cat’s tail, and Wilson let out a yowl. He shut his mouth and blinked sheepishly as Levent guffawed, but the cat’s cry had echoed throughout the woods and would surely draw attention.

<style type="text/css">
.catdoglev b {font-weight:bold; color:#695b59; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449; }
.catdoglev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f3e4e2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449 }
.catdoglev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.catdoglev {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9b198; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OG0Sk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 315px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#826449; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread