[p] sleeping in the sand
[html]

(320) GOOGLING INFORMATION QUICKLY YAY

Ithiel is by me!

Ithiel walked in front of his two students, his own bow in hand. He held the wood between thumb and palm, again illustrating the grip he'd started with. When his fingers were closed around the bow, he wiggled his index finger, the uppermost one, and then lifted the empty bow, closing his non-dominant eye. He again wiggled his finger as he held the bow properly, pointing it at Wraith without drawing the string back nearly as far as it could go.

Your arrow sits about there. You'll be looking about down the shaft of it -- the point gives you something that seems better to look at, but use your finger. When you hold the bow up, you should be able to see right over that flat part of your finger. That's where you aim, he said. Shooting a bow and arrow was an advanced task for someone comfortable in their Luperci body; Wraith seemed somewhat unused to the two-legged form, though Ithiel was not one to dictate what students did outside of his time with them.

We should just throw rocks, Col said, a broad grin sweeping over his tawny features. With how I'm doing, I'll be lucky to get one arrow off before -- Ithiel grunted and stepped away from him, ignoring the rest of what he said. If his charge did not want to learn, that was no business of his -- he would pay closer attention to the one who seemed engaged with the training, then.

It seems odd at first, but you will get it, the dusky coyote promised. He himself had held a bow awkwardly at first, finding the slender wood and string almost too delicate for his large, clumsy paws. Now he handled them expertly, however, and while Wraith did not have the year he had to improve, there was certainly time enough for her to understand the basics.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread