[p] sleeping in the sand
[html]
[/html]Wraith grinned when Ithiel agreed with her, glad to have reasoned that out properly on her own. Even though Ithiel was older than her and ranked higher than her, he was being very polite to her and explaining everything very well, so she was happy to have him instructing her. She’d never fought on two legs before, so it was weird—but fun. Of course, when Ithiel pointed out that even though the hold was best on horseback, it could be used elsewhere, causing Wraith to open her mouth in the shape of an ‘o’ as realization dawned. Yes, that made sense; she hadn’t thought about it that way.

Just as quickly, Ithiel went on to explain how to hold the bow and arrow properly. She tried to pull her thumb in farther so that the string wouldn’t snap against it when she released. She grinned when he explained that it wasn’t an easy thing to do because he was right! This was hard!

“Okay, I think I’ve got it now,” she replied after a few more moments of fiddling with her hold. She turned her body to the side, raised her bow and arrow, and then tried to spot the target using her left thumb as a guide. She drew back on the bow, pulling the string taut, and then let the arrow loose. It went way offside (she didn’t think she was anywhere near the target) and the string snapped painfully across her left arm, but she wanted to try again. She began to search for another arrow to use, but couldn’t spot any.

“Could I try again?” she asked. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread