I wasn't his shooting star
The mischievous coyote had noticed the hunt. Never one to pass up a potential easy meal she halted, standing by to watch how it went. Her tail swished as the clearly strong female approached the deer. A pounce, and the wolf fell short. Disappointing. So much for getting something the easy way. Well, there would be other times. The deer bounded away, Terra watching hungrily. Her eyes remained on the trail for a second, noting the blood marking along the way before stepping down. I thought you would have done better than that. A nice strong wolf, able to take down a deer on her own. What went wrong there?

Her tail wagged, clearly relaxed in the presence of another. Underneath that pretense her muscles were ready to send her out of reach. Terra might act cocky, but she knew her limits. She wasn't strong by any means, far too small and lithe for that. She looked at the strike on the muzzle, not too deeply interested in it. Terra had been hurt before, and even if she wasn't a medical wolf Terra could recognize cuts that would heal without scarring. That one would be just fine. It's just one deer. I'm sure you can find another. There's a whole herd upstream. Alright, Terra wasn't really sure of that, just lying to stop the crying so she could work on getting a free meal. If it worked, it worked though, right?

Messages In This Thread