slave your hearts
[html]

476;
I assume he was close enough to be heard? ;o Also, I assumed he was in Optime. Let me know if either are incorrect and I'll change my reply.

Water never seemed to taste so sweet until it was upon his tongue, until he sunk to his knees in the damp ground, dropped his spear, and greedily drank water by the handful. The male drank until his belly could hold no more, and only when he sat back on his heels did he feel the familiar sting of an itch. He thoroughly scratched behind his ear, but then began to scratch at another place, and then another... feeling as if the itching were taking over his body. Lohit stood and pressed his back against the nearest tree, rubbing himself upon it until he felt satisfied. A pleasant grin crossed his features and his eyes flickered shut to revel in the feeling, until he heard his falcon screech from the treetops.

He could feel the hairs on his nape prickling, and his eyes snapped open only to feel them narrowing, ears flipping back like a satellite. In all his commotion, his bird had sensed something unnatural. Perhaps it was nothing, but in the hunter's mind it was always something. So, his clan was after him! Lohit snatched up his spear and mounted his horse in one fluid motion, feeling the anger bubble up within the pit of his stomach. What a fool he was, to let down his guard for even a minute. Lohit was sure they would finish him off now... if he didn't get rid of them first.

The mare sensed his urgency, and was off as soon as he dug his heels into her sides, turning away from the river and towards the confrontation - the final battle. One eye was steady on Garuda as he took to the air, their only guide. It was them or him, the wild one knew, and he grit his teeth in pure frustration as the mare raced forwards, spurred on by his direction. The falcon swooped low towards the ground, something he was skilled at, until he found the source of the commotion. As the bird took to a branch, Lohit came pounding up beside it, spear poised and ready to strike, until he found himself coming to a screeching halt.

What he found, instead, was a wolf digging up something, but was stopped the coyote was the unnatural red hair that he saw peeking off the top of the stranger's head. This was no clan member - the other didn't even look like a coyote - nor did any of them have such a strange, yet fascinating head of hair. Lohit half-consciously licked his slobbering lips, citrine eyes trained on the red hair. His arm was still expertly poised with the spear, ready for anything, the anger within him making his appendages shake slightly. "Who you?" The words seemed more demanding than intended, his mouth closed but taut in a strange fashion between his underbite.

<style>
#lohit-sun {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#lohit-sun p {
text-indent:40px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#lohit-sun p.loh-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#lohit-sun .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lohit-sun .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lohit-sun b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#lohit-sun u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lohit-sun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread