s t a r l e s s, whisper to me.
[html]

Word Count → 240 :: Out of Character text

A contradicting mix of emotions displayed upon the girl's face: pleasure, when the dark woman confirmed her suspicions, then nervousness. She looked around the area as if she thought someone might see or overhear them. "This may sound odd, but..." She said, almost shyly. "I believe in a coyote god. Mom doesn't like coyotes, so I can't tell her about this. You mustn't tell either... although I think she may suspect." She paused, taking another moment to glance at her surroundings and check for others that might be nearby. "There was a coyote who used to be the Crone, before she left after... a disagreement with my mother. She taught me. Her name was Tlanti Kimaris - her brother is still here. He is called Miqui."

She turned her gaze back to the skeletal woman, and inhaled. "The god I worship is called Momoztli. Since he is coyote, he does not favor wolves. Power is not the main reason I scar myself, though I suspect it keeps me alive all the same... I must purify my blood to gain his approval." The girl paused. She wanted to say more, but she didn't want to overwhelm the Associate. Another thought came to her, that made her reconsider saying more: what if Alessandra didn't like other coyotes? What if blood and heritage did not matter to her? Her mother had been part coyote, and that certainty hadn't made her love other coyotes.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread