s t a r l e s s, whisper to me.
[html]

Word Count → 372 :: Out of Character text

Ataxia was relieved when the Associate didn't express displeasure at the idea. She could not quite tell if she approved, but the fact that she was asking for more information told her that she was at least curious. "You would, yes, although I suspect less than I do." The girl did not mention how very little coyote blood she had. There was nothing she could do to change that, other than keep working until her blood was purified. "You would also have to renounce your wolf side."

Explaining her god was much harder than showing how to gain his approval. "He is the source that all coyotes come from, and the ruler of coyotes. He is the male aspect of parenthood; the Mamexi is the female aspect. She is his wife and, as I am told, lives in Eterne. One day he will return, the two will join together and coyotes will control the earth." She paused, trying to gather her thoughts for the next part. "There are certain plants that allow one to see the spirit side of the world. My mother introduced me to one of them, and I saw him."

It was not long after Tlanti had introduced the concept of a coyote god to her, actually, which may have accounted for the unconscious influence on her hallucinations. The idea that what she had seen had been all in her head, however, was not one would ever consider. It was not coincidence to her; it was fate. It would going against everything she had been taught to believe what she saw had not been a portal to the spiritual realm.

"He is very colorful; he looks like... a sunset, sunrise and noon all in one. He is yellow, orange and red, with the dullest colors being the brown of the earth and grass." Somehow it seemed like an understatement to the girl. The colors had seemed so much more vivid and varied in her hallucination and words were inadequate to convey how very bright he was.

Ataxia considered saying more, but paused so the dark woman could speak and ask questions. She probably had questions, although the hybrid wasn't sure she'd be able to answer them. There were some things about him that she still did not understand and Tlanti was no longer here to ask for advice. Ataxia had to come to her own conclusions and figure out the why, which was seldom easy.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/isouZf6qbMVQM.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:233px; height:178px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread