Sorrow is like a dying rose
[html]

(377) Could have them get drunk like you suggested?

Eris is by me!

She wanted to kill, in all truth -- she wanted to tear and rip their attackers to bloody pieces herself, but she knew better than that. She was not skilled in the ways of combat, and if Larkspur had died defending them, what hope did she have? Eris would simply be another corpse piled atop other corpses. Still, her anger could not be directed against those of her family. Imhotep was not insulting her or offending her. Though her anger and her sadness were deep, she pulled herself together nonetheless, burying it down inside of herself. She would have the rest of her life to deal with it.

Her face softened accordingly, and she exhaled slowly, the tenseness draining from her with that breath. Her hands extended to take the statute -- it was beaten and old, from the time of people, but more ancient than the recent century, she thought. Peering over it with chartreuse eyes, she tried a smile. It was a faint thing, barely showing on on the dark fur of her muzzle, but she nodded toward Imhotep with a tiredness uncharacteristic of Eris Eternity. Stand, my dearest, she said, placing the statue in the alcove of things she owned. She set a piece of the quartz chiseled from Anathema's caves at the statue's feet, her own offering to this protector of the dead. For Larkspur, she thought at it, and turned back toward Imhotep.

Thank you, she responded. I am sorry to treat you so, but you understand my position, I'm sure, the hybrid said, speaking with the calm courtesy of one capable of brushing aside such misbehavior with a wave of her hand. Her chartreuse eyes peered over her own belongings, looking for something to return the gift and appease him. They fell upon the bottles of alcohol procured from the storage room. There were but two, but she'd taken her favorite kinds of liquor from the cellar -- a deep red wine, its taste faintly reminiscent of earth and summer sun, was what she reached for. Would you drink with me? she asked, grabbing hold of the bottle and showing it to her companion. The label was half-gone, but the liquid inside was visible through the deep green glass.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread