Do not pray for me
[html]
Word Count -> 362

Brows furrowing, the woman peered at the dark Auxiliary. Books? Yes, a book would do wonders for them now, especially if there was such a miraculous book somewhere. But Isabella did not know the land as well as the others here, and she did not know where to even start looking for books. Most of the books in Toronto and Montreal had been bartered back and forth. There was even a clan of dogs who ran a library, though they guarded it fiercely for all the books they had acquired. Isabella wasn't even certain that there would be a book on deer farming. Cattle and horse books were more likely to be common, though the land was not suited to large tracts of nothing but cow farms. Still, there would be a source somewhere, if the humans were as prolific as they seemed to have been. "I wish the one sent to look for such a book luck. Perhaps I should make them good luck charms," she added, her voice lilting toward the sarcastic.

Isabella smiled at Eris, glad that her little side thought managed to get some approval. She had been entirely offhand with it and was so surprised it was getting serious consideration. Isabella noted the change in the woman's voice, and assumed it to be the widow in the Auxiliary peeking through again. "One is bound to come along. Perhaps an Associate looking for more prominence might be roped into such a thing?" The Associate would not be treated as a slave would be and they would be motivated with upward mobility if they succeeded. If an Associate with the qualifications appeared. If not, that glory would go to some higher ranked canine with more skill. What a pity. "If my mare was put to stallion, she might be docile enough to accept a fawn. Though perhaps there are mares now?" Isabella wasn't sure when the deer bred, but it felt right. "It is early enough in the oncoming summer, so the females should be birthing. Perhaps if we can find a doe freshly after her birthing or perhaps a very young fawn, it might work. "

<style type="text/css">
.herriot2 b {font-weight:normal; color:#9e6c2f; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#62345b 0px 1px 1px; }
.herriot2 .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#945e7a; text-align:center; text-shadow:#6c1c17 0px 1px 1px;}
.herriot2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.herriot2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#270503; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/36HKe.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d9900f; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#8a5523; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.wc2 {color:#c494ac; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #c494ac; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 10px 15px 10px;}
.herriot2-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #191401; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread