once upon a time in a daymare
[html]

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

Eris had no desire to explain herself to this woman, nor did she feel she owed an explanation to anyone -- the whole world over should have known of Larkspur's death. It was a blight against their species, one that each Luperci ought to have felt as some twinge of wrongness in the world. Horse moved beneath her, and the dark woman, daughter of Haku, spoke. The shadow-colored hybrid cocked her head, considering. She had hardly known the man; what she knew most had been gleaned second-hand, from Kaena and those who had lived through the war with him. She had only even met him once.

He was killed, yes, she said, straightening in her saddle and looking away from the stranger a moment. It was Inferni that did him in, though not their current leaders -- so far as I know. Gabriel was gone and Kaena was leader no more. I cannot say truth or falsehood to these stories of yours. I did not know him so well as that, but I think he was touched. Inhabited, maybe, by a demon or ghost or an old, old god who has lost most of his power. The flatness with which she delivered this information was perhaps enough for the half-tone stranger to understand Eris held nothing against him for those traits -- they were not disadvantageous, in her eyes.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread