once upon a time in a daymare
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Kiri!

The woman sniffed. Maybe I should have been your mother, then. The words were sour on her tongue, but she had always felt entitled to his children. Her womb had remained barren for him, however; her body opened only for Larkspur, and it was his children she'd brought into this world. Looking on the blue-eyed woman, though, she could still feel some faint and faraway disappointment even with her beloved Basilaris, bitter as that was. You have his eyes, of course. Not so mad, but his all the same. Why would you want him to leave?

My mother told me stories of war, his war. She told me he raped her, too. She also told me my father was first Laruku, then Astaroth. It was not until I came here again, fully grown woman, she told me the truth of my father. Believe her stories if you want, the coyote said, waving a hand dismissively toward the open air below horse. I know his death well enough, and I did not even know his name until long after we'd met, but he was greatness. I ask again -- why would you want him to leave? Invite him in, the woman said. I would. There was no small hint of jealousy within Eris for this canine -- she wished Haku would haunt her dreams, but all she saw was fire and Shibboleth, Solanaceae and bloodied guts, and back and forth again until there was nothing of either girl but charred bones and rotted meat.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread