once upon a time in a daymare
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Libri!

The blue-eyed woman spoke truth, but the dark-furred Auxiliary only smiled and shrugged. Thoughts, no. Blood? The answer had already been stated, and the dark woman's chartreuse gaze dropped to the shoulders of her horse, the chestnut mare who had once belonged to Larkspur. With the question, however, her head snapped up and she grinned broadly again. Oh, yes, she said. A thousand times, yes. I've already taken his surname -- Eternity is more fitting than Lykoi, don't you think? She had seen the shade of her father in nightmares and visions induced by entheogens, of course, but the thing she saw was but a pale projection of the man. Eris had never known him and his ghost had never haunted her.

My mother told me all about my father, as well. A murderer, rapist, and war-monger on par with our dearest Haku, she said, sighing and tossing her gaze skyward before returning it to the mottled woman. What are such traits but strength? The weak deserve only what befalls them, as the strong take their prey. If only she had known Salvaged Eternity, if only she had known Haku Soul better -- perhaps she, too, would be one of the strongest, an old name still remembered long years after her bones turned to dust. Sadly, the name was all she had -- none of her father's strength, none of his viciousness, had manifested in Eris.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread