step outside these walls
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[559]
beastly post!

It appeared the two of them had found their common ground, the subject that would give them equilibrium. Her demeanour changed drastically, perking forward with interest and Saul felt his own body respond, a friendly smile, the slight leaning forward, ears perked forward to catch her answer. The information she gave him was a dizzying revelation- he'd never spoken to Conor about Dahlia's past. He knew bits and pieces about the wars with Inferni but never the whole story of either campaign. To know that this Cercelee was Dahlia's founder, and Colibri was related to them, it was a privilege. Of course, he couldn't help the wince as Conor's name was mentioned. He'd found out back in Ichika that Conor had been killed- Saluce had told him with a grave face. It seemed his former father figure had a lot of relatives.

The majority of my bloodline is not here- I come from the Solbjorg valley, a long way away. Those that matter are close though.

He said, thinking of Lilin and Temeraire, Niernan and Bran, Ezra and Elias. He would have given a lot to bring his brothers and sister to his little clan, to be reunited with them too. For now, he was happy to be patient though. Her next question caused his smile to drop some- he remembered his feelings about leaving Dahlia, creating something alien. Yeah, when Conor... left, Nayru took over and Dahlia didn't last much longer after that. We moved to the mountains and formed Ichika with those from Phoenix Valley. It was strained for a while, despite our core concept of peace above all else. He snorted softly, thinking of the cliched groups that had formed when Ichika was just a fledgling pack. They'd settled down after a while, but it had been tense.

Her demeanour changed once again, something more akin to shock and Saul wondered what would have caused it. Her question confirmed what she was shocked about. Her simple question however, released numerous emotions in him that he disliked. She was, technically, his cousin. He had ceased referring to her as his cousin the night they had kissed, so passionately and ferociously. She would never be just his cousin again, although she wasn't talking to him right now- she would come round soon enough. He nodded softly, trying to conceal the lump in his throat, the water threatening his eyes, the altogether sick feeling in his stomach when he thought of her relation to him. A distant relative, we refer to most of our family as 'cousin'. We aren't too certain about where we fit in our family tree He offered, perhaps an attempt to justify the feelings he had for her.

Colibri spoke again and Saul raised his eyebrows softly. He didn't expect her to know Lilin, but he supposed it was inevitable. Nova Scotia was large, but the population was huge and he supposed it wasn't unlikely for the two to have run into each other. Her question came across as insecure and he wasn't sure what it meant. He supposed he should go with the truth as he answered. Ah, well.... She's been avoiding me and we haven't spoken in about a week... I don't suppose she'd had the... chance to tell me about you. He cringed, nose wrinkling softly. Hopefully it was an adequate answer.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread