step outside these walls
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[446]
<33

Surprisingly, Saul understood exactly how Colibri felt. After the snowstorm, things had almost completely fallen apart in Dahlia. Conor had fallen into some kind of depression, although it could have been observed that there was something medically wrong with him. He hadn't spoken to Nayru the night Conor left and he'd never felt right asking her what happened, but it was unexpected and desperate. He'd left and the ripple effect had set in immediately. With Conor's absence, Bris had fallen further and further into herself, leaving Eclipse's care to Saul and the rest of the pack. It was like a double blow- Conor had taken the best parts of Bris with him and his parental figures had been taken out in one foul swoop. He had grieved for both of them, even though Bris was physically there, she hung on for perhaps a month before she left, leaving Eclipse with him.

Colibri's words pierced through him and he dropped his head, a wordless whine escaping. Her voice was thick with emotion and he didn't know what to do other than to agree with her. No, it wasn't fair and he'd been taken far too soon. The only thing he could think to do was apologise again Coli, Im sorry... He murmured, ears laying flat against his head. He'd gone through Conor's loss a year ago, and the subsequent degradation of his aunt had been crippling and it had thrust Saul into responsibility very quickly. But he couldn't think about how it would be to talk to a stranger and find our that Ascher had been killed. He watched as her despair turned to anger, an all consuming emotion that was clouded by the tears in her eyes. Her voice was incredulous, furious. She couldn't carry on and Saul shook his head softly.

I wish I knew. The person who told me wouldn't tell me where the boy is. He spoke truthfully, green eyes open and conveying nothing but sympathy and empathy. He understood her pain. Perhaps for the sake of their conversation, they continued with the topic of Lilin and her next words were poignant. She had family here. She has never had anyone from the Soul side of the family... He commented, although he realised it was a rather useless sentence. Her words were bitter as she reiterated his answer from earlier, given new meaning now that her brothers death was revealed. Perhaps you should get to know her better He suggested, hoping he wasn't meddling in either of their business. His interests were invested in Lilin's happiness, and he felt awful for being the bearer of bad news. Perhaps he could help them both.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread