step outside these walls
[html]
<3 WC: 348

Depression was a burden Coli had struggled with for most of her adult life. She had never known how to talk to anyone about it or fix it -- just that it was always difficult for her to find happiness in anything she did, or ever feel like she truly belonged. She was, simply put, broken. Mental disorders certainly seemed to run in her bloodline, something she hoped young Lilin would be spared from. What she felt now was far more intense than the dull ache of everyday malaise. It made her tremble from head to tail, as she numbly nodded in acceptance of Saul's apologies and explanation. Her throat was too choked up to form words. She stared blankly at a crack in the pavement, unsure if she wanted to start sobbing or smashing everything in sight. Probably both, although neither would make her feel better.

After several silent moments passed, the exhaustion took over, releasing Colibri from the throes of her heartbreak. She would have to mourn dear Conor on her own, though it would take a long time before she could even come to terms with his death. She might spend some time seeking out the Lykoi responsible for such a tragedy, although if he was truly Conor's son she wouldn't know what to do once she found him. Sighing wearily, she lifted her head laboriously to meet Saul's gaze once again. It was as though she had just aged ten years, frail and downtrodden as she looked then.

"...Lilin... I don't know much about her, but I would dearly like to spend more time with her, if she would have me. She had questions about our father, but I did not ask many about her," Coli said haltingly, remembering the sunny day at the lakeside. "I can tell already she is more fortunate than me... she has you at her side." She offered a weak smile, only meaning to imply that even a 'distant relative' had so much loyalty and love to give Lilin, making her better off than a true loner like Colibri.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread