for the night is dark and full of terrors
[html]

<3 +3

Her smile was shadowy in the dimming light, and he viewed it with suspicion, his own black lips remaining in their grim, weary line. He was too weary to conjure the usual amount of paranoia, though, and was wooed by her winsome words, her petty complements, just as she had surely known he would be. Without further word, the man followed Siv into her home.

He heard the flap of material fall back into place as he passed the woman, and moved deeper into the dwelling. Its design was intriguing, but his gaze had focus for her alone, watching as she moved to the center of the chamber where a fire cackled, warm and lively. The orange glow glittered on her fur, eerily powerful as his sickly mind watched on. In silence, still, the man accepted her silent offer and moved to sit on one of the low, flat stones. Oh, how his muscles ached! He felt like an old man, and it was a terrible, hollow feeling. Both hands, tipped with elegant fingers, lifted to the warmth of the crackling flames, and rubbed together to capture some of it within complaining joints. His bones had been shifting too much lately, from one form to another, and they complained relentlessly.

Her question was answered with a callous snort, narrow pupils lifting from the fire to watch her once more. "Have you a broth to make me immortal, that I may crush these foolish men who tire me so?" His voice was bitter and dryly sarcastic, and again his gaze returned to the flames, watching intensely as they twisted and writhed against one another. He was aware of a coldness within him, and after a moment, spoke again: "A warm drink would do me fine, witch," There was little bother within him now to complement her, or attempt to hide his open distrust of her craft from her invasive purple gaze. Yet, the title was not so much an insult as it was acceptance of her purpose - He had seen it, at Larkspur's funeral, and could deny it to himself no longer. Siv had brought magic to this place; Not his magic, nor Larkspurs, but magic nonetheless.

<style>
.sirius-fire01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sirius-fire01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sirius-fire01 b {color:#2f6f10; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sirius-fire01 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8412/siriusfire.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a89150; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sirius-fire01-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #2d1100; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread