The sky is burning.
[html]

wordcount: 500+
Frodo: Big GrinDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

She shouldn't have held back the giggle - had he known what she wanted to laugh at, he would have laughed with her. He wasn't one to get upset easily, quite insensitive indeed. He took nothing much as mocking, and if he did realise he was being mocked he didn't seem to care much anyway. Frodo was definitely aware he was quite short, and it was perhaps even truthful to say he found it weird that nearly everyone was taller than him. Although, he could tell that she'd finally warmed up to his friendship and accepted him as someone who wouldn't hurt her. He was as gentle as possible with her, as he found that was the way to keep her calm. Whoever had hurt her in the past he did not know, as she hadn't told him, and he felt it would be rude to probe so he kept his curiosity to himself.

His gaze followed hers as it looked away, a slightly guilty look about her. The body language revealed it all. There WAS something up, something wrong. And as he asked the question, he found himself well aware of her circumstance. It didn't occur to him straight away that it meant there was a possibility he would be a father. In fact, it wouldn't have struck his mind at all, until she spoke again. You're the father. his first reaction was to freeze. He didn't let go of her hand, but his body still tensed, just as hers did. He felt his tail quiver and he didn't really believe her at first.

You're the father.

Arg! How could he be? He repeated the words over and over in his mind, confused. She had been Matteo's mate for so long, and he'd only shared her bed once! Just once! How could it be, how could she come to that conclusion? W-what? he finally managed, stammering and stuttering, his words tumbling over each other in a race to get out of his mouth. There was so many other things he wanted to say, but he could only manage a basic sentence. How do you... are yer, I mean, are yer sure? I.. well. he couldn't think of anything to stay. And then something finally clicked in his mind. He was going to be a father! But, this is brill! Not half. he decided then. He scratched his head with his free hand, still slightly baffled. I shoulda brought yer a wee blankie or a cot. he grinned. I'll look after yer. I can bring yer, and them, stuff ter munch on pronto. In no more than a jiffy. Yer need my help, yer ask me, get me? he smiled, and dropped her hand then, gently, not wanting to grasp it for too long. He looked down at her bulging belly, disbelief in his eyes. Already, he was warming up to the idea of being a dad. Do those snoozing muckers make much din, so to speak? he wondered aloud. He was trying to ask if they moved, if they kicked. Of course they probably did, he was just to inexperienced to know about these things.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread