The sky is burning.
[html]

wordcount: 410

He could tell that she was unahppy with his first reaction. He couldn't help it though - shock was the thing that pierced him first and foremost. He gave a twitch of his tail as thoughts and feelings settled down inside him, as he realised what Gemma meant. He was going to be a dad. If she allowed it. And why shouldn't she? They were friends now, good friends, and the pups deserved two parents; he was pretty sure Gemma wouldn't be telling him he was the father, either, if she didn't mean for him to look after her and the pups. She pulled away but by this point she'd already realised that he'd changed his mind - he really would be there for her.

He refused to interrogate and question her further, that would just be cruel. Even if she was lying, he was oblivious to it and eager to present himself as the pup's dad. Soldier, that's good. he grinned, imagining what the pups would be like when born and wrapped in a basket. He found himself worrying then, suddenly, about if there would be any complications. Gemma had been battered and bruised, been through so much pain, it was likely that the pups could be unhealthy. But no - she had been fed up, and her scars had more or less healed, and he was healthy enough. It's a good sign they're kickin'...they're gonna be strong as oxes. he grinned, his eyes focusing on her bulging belly. As if he was able to see it move, or something.

Suddenly, the mood went from calm to urgent, and Frodo looked up, startled as Gemma rushed to explain herself. He mulled over her words quietly for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to make of them. He could be a father to her pups...but he couldn't tell anybody they were his. It was a lie, but a sacrifice also, a sacrifice he was willing to take. No pups of his would be brought up to have people turn their noses up at them. With a sigh, he concluded his thoughts. That's..dandy. I unner'stand. We'll have to persuade them, small fry. People come sniffling at things that arn't meant fer them. I'll- I'll kip me mouth shut. he paused. They're Matteo's. he agreed, as if anybody could be watching at the moment. He stifled two sideways glances and then untensed, his arms plastered to his sides.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread