Sing, Little Birdie
[html]

--

The woman took his words as hostility. For what felt like a century, she remained silent, jaws clenched tight. It was foolish of her to expect anything by roaming onto these lands, foolish to have taken pity for a man that acted as though he lacked a heart, foolish for letting herself fall for a buried desire to feel needed. Slowly, the dame swallowed back her regrets, chest giving a few slight heaves as she drew breath. Something felt stomped on, lowered self esteem sinking further. Carefully, the maiden drew a final, deliberately slow breath, trying to keep her emotions level, though there were cracks and chips in the display. Slender chin raised faintly as she exhaled, jaws still firmly clamped shut, hark held forth in an attempt to portray some form of dignity, of which was lacking, if not nonexistent.

I suppose I'll take my leave, then, she said in a quiet tone, voice strangled by the lump in her throat. Stiffly, she turned tail on the duo, carefully stepping as to avoid tripping over herself. It was apparent he didn't want to know, didn't want anything to do with her. The fact that she was with child remained withheld, assuming that the stormy brute didn't care enough to know either way.

The dame played the part of the fool, and thus earned the shame that followed. As she traipsed in silence, she could feel her facade crumbling.

The blame falls to no one other than myself, anyhow.

And with that, she had begun to weep, both out of self pity, and for sorrow for the children she carried, not having secured any form of future for them.

<style type="text/css">
.wand2ct b {font-weight:bold; color:#97c6c9; text-shadow:#13292a 1px 1px 2px;}
.wand2ct p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.wand2ct {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#496b76; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ICduj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #436772; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#88abb6; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.wand2ct .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.wand2ct p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wand2ct p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread