Reflection
His movements continued in a slowed fashion, the jackal hybrid still uncomfortable in the presence of this girl. Hardened to their usual state, his silver eyes tried to avoid staring at the dame near by. Percival glanced around, looking to the sky, the grass, the water, anything but her, as it seemed to make the pit in his stomach grow larger.
Despite these efforts, his attention was brought to the woman when she finally spoke.

Percival paused for a moment, unsure if he felt it appropriate to respond. He was afraid to start a conversation with this stranger, though he did not particularly feel threatened by her in general.
He cleared his throat, and with a soft, monotonous voice he answered with his one greeting.

"No, I'm not lost..." Percival muttered, "An' I'm... Alright."

As he spoke, he watched the runt carefully, keeping a defensive posture when she decided to step toward him. Something about her drew him in... Her petite structure, her semi-elongated features that reminded him of his own species, the way she seemed so shy; she reminded him of her.

He cleared his throat again, this time, to suppress a whimper.

"I'm fine, thank ye..." The jackal said quickly, as if in attempt to end the only just initiated conversation; he figured he'd answer this lass, then be on his way, and perhaps then, the feeling of regret that was bubbling quickly to the surface would dissipate.

Messages In This Thread