Your memory never fades
[html]
[/html]When Anu revealed the source of her pain, Tayui drew closer to the other wolf and moved to hold her with her foreleg. Even if she couldn’t hug Anu like she might in her optime form, she could at least try to offer her some comfort—if Anu would let her.

“Oh Anu,” she whispered. “I—when Shadowed Sun disbanded, I was heartbroken. I’m so sorry. It’s so—it’s hard.” She mulled over Anu’s other words, that Savina had left, that she couldn’t do it anymore. She wondered if Anu was in a point in her life, like Tayui, where she no longer wanted to lead. She suspected that after so long, it became tiring.

“Why didn’t you find me sooner? I could have—” she paused. No, she couldn’t have helped. Anu had made her decision. “I was going to say that I could have helped, but… it’s done. I… I’m sorry, Anu.” She was sorry that she couldn’t have been there when it had all happened. Why had she turned Anu down? She remembered, but finding her reasons was difficult. She had rejected Anu’s offers too many times and even though she hadn’t caused the pack to fall, Tayui would have liked to think that maybe she could have helped—as a friend, that was all. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread