This fire burns inside of me
[html]

ooc 600+

When she returned his embrace it felt like she had lifted the weight of the world off his shoulders. He had left home, but she accepted him back into the pack without a moment's hesitation. Part of him already felt like a new wolf, being back in Anathema. As they talked about Ravesque he couldn't help but glance at the pack that he had dropped in the dirt, and for a half second a devious smile flittered onto his muzzle. Although one of them had departed, the father and son had yet to part ways. But that explanation could wait a moment, because now Mother was on to other things, and was motioning him into the pack's lands.

He stood up, grabbing the sack as he went, and followed alongside his mother, all the while gazing down at her in reverence. “I never really believed you sent him after me. If you wanted me dragged back you would have done it yourself. And if you wanted me watched well... you would have dragged me back yourself.” Naniko wouldn't take crap from anyone, but as it seemed she also knew how to let her people – and more importantly, her children – discover themselves. It was all a part of what made her such a strong leader.

“I'm not the child I was when I left,” he told her. It could have sounded whining, but his voice was steady, it was fact about how he saw himself that he tried to convey now. There was no self remorse in his words, the only thing that was there was a new semblance of pride. He nodded slowly, “And you will see. I know a few months alone in the wilderness won't make me the toughest wolf in the pack, though. I can still learn, too. Changes... what changes?” He muttered the last part, not really expecting Naniko to delve into the depths of all that could have changed while he was away.

The path they walked was familiar to him, and even if he were blindfolded he would know where they were headed; to the heart of their home. As his crimson eyes stared at the caverns in the distance he drew a mental map of each and every hallway. Once, young and frightened, Scorpius became little more than a morose shadow, a pup that just lurked in the dark shrinking away from the touch of light. The sun was too much like that which burned, the torch fires and kitchen bit a pure nightmare for the timid pup. That was long ago, now. He did not need to seclude himself within the caves, nor hide away from the licking flames.

As they neared the Howling Caverns his eyes flicked to his mother and he stopped just outside of one of the entrances. For a moment the look he gave almost seemed scared to enter, and those who knew him once might have thought it was the promise of fire inside that made him shy, but now they would be wrong. The look melted from his features, his maw parted, and for a moment he got caught up on the words he wanted to tell his mother. Then he looked inside, and when he turned back to her, all uncertainty was gone.

“Mother... there is something you're wrong about. Ravesque... he and I did not part ways. I brought him back to you.” Although he was unsure of what she would think, there was still a delightfully devious glint in his eyes as he held up the leather sack that he carried. “I'm pleased you didn't send him after me since that means he was not of Anathema at the time, so I have not harmed the pack...” He glanced at his hands, some of the soot and ash that had spilled from the pack blotted his hands and fingers. That was when he noticed that he had gotten a smear on Naniko's ivory coat when he hugged her, and felt a hot shock of anger at the thought that even in death the bastard could still defile his angelic mother.

<style type="text/css">
.scorpiusskullfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3700; letter-spacing:1px; }
.scorpiusskullfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.scorpiusskullfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.scorpiusskullfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1B0601; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/nog9b7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FF7F00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table © Silver
[/html]

Messages In This Thread