This fire burns inside of me
[html]

ooc 500+

It was true, Ravesque had been harder on Scorpius than Naniko, and he also had not been there for the boy’s youth so he had no time to attach himself to the sperm donor. As a puppy he had been known to love his family even when they hated him, as was the case with his brother Harlowe who had grown so tired of him that he pushed him into the cook’s fire that permanently disfigured his face and burned off half of his ear. All the pup had ever wanted was to play with his brother, but Harlowe had seen him as a nuisance to be exterminated, and a threat to Naniko’s love. But Ravesque, he had not come until later, after Scorpius was traumatized and grew shy of the world, and there was no love between him and the father who had always scorned him.

“He wouldn’t leave me in peace,” he began. “He followed me to torment me, like a thorn in the paw. I tolerated him because I had to, because there was nothing else I could do. I still don’t know what his obsession was or why he needed to do it… perhaps only because I was such a disappointment that he wanted to see me suffer… When I tried to lose him he would find me, so eventually I gave up and we became ‘traveling companions.’” He snorted his disdain. “Like you said, hunting for myself was an adjustment… hunting for the both of us…” He grew silent for a beat as he shook his head.

“While we were gone I met someone and I was foolish enough to get close to her. I should have sent her away, it would have been better that way, but father was right when he said I was weak, and he had to prove his point… he had to prove his point… You should have seen her; eyes bright as summer grass and a coat like snow…” He described his own mother without even knowing it as he gazed upon her, so lost in agonizing memory. “I realized what would happen but it was too late. He took her…” His voice broke, scratchy and weak as emotion tightened his throat. He swallowed hard, and part of him was angry to show this weakness now even after he had thought he had beaten it. But this was Naniko, this was mother, she was a safe place.

“I don’t know if she went to him or if he stole her, but it doesn’t matter. She was tainted after that. That was when I realized there would be no ridding myself of this scourge unless Ravesque changed. Well the fire changed me,” half of his grin was visible beneath the half-skull mask. “And so I thought it would change him, too.” He dropped the bag, a small puff of gray dust wafting up from it as it landed with a plop. This time he would not be picking it back up, no longer would he carry the burden of his father. The bag could lay here in the entry way to be trampled and disgraced beneath the paws of the pack for all he cared.

<style type="text/css">
.scorpiusskullfire b {font-weight:bold; color:#CD3700; letter-spacing:1px; }
.scorpiusskullfire .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.scorpiusskullfire p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.scorpiusskullfire {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1B0601; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/nog9b7.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FF7F00; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table © Silver
[/html]

Messages In This Thread