Aye aye, Captain
The pounding in his chest grew harder, but Percival tried his best to keep under control, especially in the presence of the stranger; he didn't want to appear weak, and though he didn't do it for reputation reason, Percival knew that if he showed vulnerability, he showed a possible means of being damaged. He cared very little about how people thought of his personality or being (besides one certain individual), but did want to at least appear like he could hold his own, so he didn't become an easy target.

"Only one? Tha's awful... Do..." He paused, clearing his throat some, "Do ye know who he is? Did he mention a name?"

Percival couldn't loose all faith now, there was a chance the captain had made it safely, though he cursed himself for being so selfish as to pick and choose who he washed was the one survivor.

The jackal remained seemingly apathetic, his face showing little emotion and his monotonous voice useless in hinting to any feelings the man was feelings. "I can help ye check the rest o' the bodies, if ye can take me t' the man. I be part o' this crew, an' no mate o' mine gets left behind."

Not that the pirate really have many 'mates'. Only one member could even be considered his friend, but he thought at least if he and the surviving man met up, something could be done about getting the rest of their crew proper burials, which Percival found fit.

Familiar faces of the sailors drew his attention to the number of corpses littering the sandy beach, and though he never spoke much with anybody other than his captain, seeing the fate of the men that shared the very living space and lifestyle as he did forced into the pirate a hard-hitting reality check.

Tha' could o' been me...

He breathed in deeply, a heavy sigh escaping him soon afterward. This had all seemed to happen in just an instant.

Just one moment, and everything was gone.

Messages In This Thread