Not to be lost or forgotten
[html] Oak's teasing words made her smile as she slipped into her skirt and pulled her blouse over her head. Her arm guards took only a few moments to slip on and tighten and as buckled her tasset at her hips she turned to look at Oak. He offered to carry something for her, and his gaze betrayed a curiosity about her clothing. "I appreciate the offer, but I can get it," she replied, as she moved to slip on her breast plate. Mahogany locks cascaded down her back, in the way of the straps to secure the leather armor to her body. Sea green eyes looked two and frow for the ribbon she sometimes tied her hair with, but it appeared to have been lost to mother nature. A huff of mild annoyance escaped her lips as she stood there, the breastplate hanging loosely in front of her. Now she would have to ask Oak to help her. This was not a bad thing, but for a young female taught from her birth to be self sufficient, asking for help with a normally easy task was just a slight bit frustrating.

"Oak, would you please help me buckle these straps? My hair is in the way and I do not have anything to tie it up out of the way," she questioned, turning her back to the male and gathering her hair loosely in her hands holding it up out of the way. Her request had not been an uncommon one among the women of her father's court. Their long gowns occasionally needed more than one set of hands to put on, but Cassia had always managed to get by without much help. She was not above asking, far from it, but her dislike of inconveniencing others discouraged her from seeking aid. The cinnamon woman relented only when she felt it absolutely necessary.[/html]

Messages In This Thread