M. Seven sins to my name
[html]
Word Count :: 536 - WARNIN'. Dis may be... Graphic, methinks? xD It's just a dream, though.

A feeling stirred in the man's gut as he watched the young boy play. Everything was silent, his hark perked forth as the ebony and dust brute approached his son, feeling gentle and benign, something he hadn't felt in what seemed ages. The tawny and grey youngster beamed up to the pirate, offering for him to come play.

"I haven't seen you in what seems like forever, papa!" came the young chipper voice, and the man laughed lightly and smiled, a pang of guilt tugging his chest as he knelt down, taking hold of one of the toys he often brought back as souvenirs from his travels. Aye... S'been a while indeed. But y'got t' understand, I'm doin' this all fer ye.

His tone was gentle, placing the trinket back onto the floor. A chill began to settle into his bones, a frown tugging his lips as he looked back up. The boy's face was still chipper, though gradually growing gaunt as it watched the man with ever hollow-growing sights.

You aren't going to leave again, are you papa? You promised this'd be the last time.

Tobias gave a brisk nod. Now... I know I said tha'... But ye an' yer ma, ye need money an' supplies... This's th' only way I can get what y'need...

The boy's face grew thinner, skin clinging to bone, eyes sunken in their sockets, and the man's hands crept forth to gently touch his son's cheek once his breathing started to become labored.

"I haven't seen you in what seems like forever, papa," he repeated on a somber note, Tobias's hands reaching towards his throat despite the fact that every fiber of his being repelled the idea, before those calloused palms clasped the slender column that was hardly supporting the young male's head. He could feel something rolling down his face. Warm, wet, and it took him a moment to realize they were tears. Aye... S'been a while... But y'got t' understand, lad.... I'm doin' this all fer ye...

He watched in silent remorse as he felt the crumbling between his fingers, crackling sounds deafening his hark as flesh melted into black sludge, seeping down off of the boy's bones and onto the pirate's hands. Finnegan's words resounded over the snapping sounds of breaking bone. Ye deserve to bear the black spot. Damned be thee, damned!

Hands dropped the disintegrating bones of his son, numbness creeping through fingertips, and gradually through his palms, his own flesh beginning to peel off of him and strip his bones clean.

Damned be thee...

Tobias woke abruptly heart pounding, head aching, feeling nauseated and ill. He dared not to breath for the slightest moment, in a daze. He lay in silence for a while longer, until he heard the girl stir from her own slumber and complain of the cold. Quietly, he continued to fake his slumbering for a moment more until he heard Hael stir, and following suit, he sat up in a slow, deliberate motion, his mask somber and serious.

I can fetch somethin' t' eat, he muttered, tone almost sounding strangled as he climbed from his slumbering place, in dire need of a walk and fresh air to clear his head.

Photo courtesy of CarbonNYC

<style>
.KMTT_TobiPira p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_TobiPira b {font-family:verdana; color:#f1c892; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_TobiPira {background-color:#180d04; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#ffffe3; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... Tobi-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_TobiPira .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_TobiPira .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #93653c; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread