notch, draw, loose
[html]

Vesper was beginning to get used to not knowing things, although it had been a large struggle when she first joined the clan. She had been an arrogant scrap of fur as a loner, and her pride had made her feel invincible. It had come as a mighty shock when Helotes had assaulted her under the cold stars, leaving her scabbed and limping for days afterward. Even then, she’d had trouble showing her weakness to her clan mates, and she’d gotten defensive whenever someone was better than her at something.

The Optio had matured with her promotion in the ranks, however, and she was a little nervous but also eager to see what she had been doing wrong (as long as she hadn’t completely failed). She glanced over at the ginger-haired woman as she demonstrated the correct posture, and Ves smirked; her posture was always a feral hunch, especially when she was self-conscious in her form.

She stood straighter as instructed, and glanced at the string to gage how long it should be drawn back. Her blue eyes slid to her tutor as Alma aimed at the tree, showing where her hands were placed to keep it from jumping. She nodded, shifting her fingers on the wood.

“Sure,” Vesper replied with a crooked grin in the woman’s direction. She nocked the arrow, making sure that it was in her grip, and drew the string back just enough, near her jaw. She moved the bow in the general direction of the tree then released the string.

The arrow shot farther than she had expected with her skinny arms, though it disappeared into the foliage, and the string snapped back on her arm. She yelped but managed not to drop the weapon, instead hissing and rubbing it. “I have a feeling I’ll be covered in welts when this is over,” she muttered, and glanced over at her comrade again. “How do I actually aim?”

<style type="text/css">
.vesarrow .space {width:170px; height:120px; float:right}
.vesarrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c54d55; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesarrow b.npc {color:#3c3555;}
.vesarrow p.ooc {text-indent:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; font-size:11px; font-family:tahoma;}
.vesarrow p {text-indent:025px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vesarrow {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#c7ac9d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r6nYq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-top-right-radius:30px; border-bottom-left-radius:30px; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: garamond; font-size:15px; color:#855855; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#c7ac9d 0px 0px 4px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread